Tuesday, September 30, 2008

26th birthday and 6 months pregnant!

So my birthday was pretty awesome (and there is still more awesome to come tonight at NKOTB thanks to Rob and his mom!). We had birthday cake at grandma's and then dinner with the family at Adam's Mill. All in all it was a great day until Rob and I got home and read the "Mother of all Pregnancy Books" to find out decreased fetal activity is something you should call your doctor about ASAP, and considering it had been over 24 hours since I felt the baby move we called right away. The doctor set me up with an appointment for first thing this morning. Rob and I went in for my Fetal Non-Stress Test. Turns out it is actually too early in my pregnancy to be doing this test but they did it anyway. The baby's heart rate isn't increasing and decreasing when it moves as much as it should be. They'll keep an eye on this at my next appointment and when I don't feel the baby move again I need to go in for an appointment. So this sounds like it could add a whole new level of interesting to the next several months (4 to be exact, stupid 10 month pregnancy).

But on a happier note here are pictures (stolen from the internet) of a few of my many wonderful gifts! I got the changing table/dresser that we wanted for the nursery, a Vera Bradley diaper bag (the 2nd time I've gotten this bag but this time I'm actually pregnant!) and a fancy new Canon digital camera because Rob and I did a number to the old one at the beach!

1 comment:

Candi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I am so jealous that you are going to NKOTB!! Anyway, I got your comment about the cord blood bank. We chose Cord Blood Registry (cordblood.com)...we researched for months and they were just the most personable and helpful. We are very happy with the decision.